January 15, 2017
Verse of the Week:
O Come, let us sing to the Lord; let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation. Let us come into His presence with thanksgiving; let us make a joyful noise to Him with songs of praise. Psalm 95: 1-2
Worship leader: Rudy Franz
Welcome & announcements
Call to worship
Worship in Song
Worship in Song
Scripture Reading – Psalm 100
Message – “Sing to the Lord a new song” – Pastor Rudy
Prayer & Praise
~ A special welcome to the group, “The Color”. We appreciate your willingness to join us in our worship and to lead us in our worship in song. May God’s blessings be yours in your ongoing ministry.
~ We are grateful that Garry & Karla Fehr and Abe & Viola Fehr have agreed to serve as deacons for a three year term. We were unable to fill the third available position. We would like to proceed with the installation next Sunday, January 22, even though Abe & Viola are currently on vacation until the middle of February.
~ Tenley Falk has been experiencing difficulties with coughing, fever and treatment for pneumonia. She is however continuing with her continued treatment schedule at Cancer Care Manitoba. Thank you to the care group for your continued support in so many tangible ways. Through your efforts continued hope and courage are renewed. In many & various ways we are able to shine the Light of God’s presence into this world and its people. Updates can be found at: http://www.tenleysjourney.wordpress.com
~ Those in various care homes that we remember in our prayers include: Susan Janzen, Trudy Harms, Helen Fehr, Helen Janzen, and Jake Rempel.
~We continue to offer our prayer support for Laure and her family, as well as for the Paroisse Missionaire Congregation in Kinshasa, DR Congo; Ryan Thiessen in San Carlos, Mexico, Murray and Carol Honsberger in Papua New Guinea, Eagles Wings Children’s Village in Uganda, Jon & Natalie Neudorf in Chiang Mai, Thailand working with YWAM, Andrea Fehr with YWAM in Hawai’i
Prayer for the week:
(From the Songwriter) Sing praise to God who reigns above, the God of all creation, the God of power, the God of Love, the God of our Salvation. With healing balm my soul is filled and every faithless murmur stilled. To God all praise and glory. Amen.
~ Go to http://bmcyouth.blogspot.ca for updates youth events. For the most recent updates, check out the groups on Facebook named “BMC Youth”, and “BMC Jr Youth” or contact Gerry Giesbrecht @ 204-362-7262
Junior Youth (Mondays 7pm-9pm):
Check with Gerry as to what is happening this week.
Senior Youth (Wednesdays 7pm-9:30pm):
~ Audio services and bulletins are now available at our Church website. We are working at streamlining this, and keeping it current. Please be patient with us as we continue to update our web presence. Go to http://blumenortchurch.com to see what’s new online.
~ The finance committee is asking all committee’s to get their budget information to Grant Fehr & Hedy Falk, by the end of January. Your submissions will be helpful as they continue to put together a budget for the year 2017.
~ Friday, January 20 – Youth evening at MCI with the musical group “The Color”. Doors open at 7 pm. Concert at 7:30 pm. For tickets call 204-327—5891. Cost is $5/per person.
~ The ministerial would like to begin a preaching series on “The Armor of God” found in Ephesians 6: 10 – 20, beginning on Sunday, February 12, 2017 and ending on Sunday, April 2, 2017. We invite your participation by committing this passage to memory. A copy is found on the insert of the bulletin.
January 16 & 17– Annual Prayer Services @ 7:30 pm
January 22 – Speaker – Rudy Franz
January 29 – speaker – Rudy Franz
February 5 – Church Retreat at Camp Assiniboia, there will be no Sunday school or worship service in Rosetown on this date.
~ The Gardens on Tenth is looking for volunteers to help with chapels, Monday – Friday. If you are willing to come and help by leading a session, playing piano, or other instrument, sharing a verse, singing, or reading a story, please call and speak to Chaplain Peter Bartel. 204-324-8945
~ SALT – If you’re interested in a cross-cultural internship or work experience in a faith-based context, consider applying for SALT 2017-18! We’ve begun the placement process and are looking for communicators, teachers, French or Spanish speakers, development grads, peacebuilders, nurses, IT experts, social workers, and more. Young adults ages 18-30, apply today at http://mccmb.ca/salt.
Mennonite Church Manitoba:
Camp Assiniboia Facilities Maintenance position, serving the Mennonite Church Manitoba Mission Ministry: Full time maintenance, repair and building project work; some weekends and evenings are involved. Please send inquires to David Hogue at 204-864-2159 ext. 100 or to email@example.com . A detailed job description can be found atwww.campswithmeaning.org, News. This posting will run until a suitable applicant is found.
Hey! What are you doing February 3-5, 2017 at Camp Assiniboia?
Let me tell you! BMC’s annual retreat is happening. It’s an amazing time of worshipping and spending time together. Intended for ALL AGES! This is a ONCE IN A LIFETIME experience!!!! Ok, maybe it’s a ONCE IN A YEAR experience, but you don’t want to miss it!
Highlights from previous retreats: Hearing stories of God’s faithfulness in people’s lives! Great food! Broomball Games that will leave you hurting for more! <= You could be like this guy!
Cost: Family $250 | Adult $75 | Kids 5-10 $50 | Kids 0-4 Free
*Includes: Food, Night Lodging, and all activities.
**If cost is a problem let Rudy or a member of the Education Committee know.
Emcees: Mitch Peters and Seth Klassen | Worship in Song: Erica Rempel | Speaker: John Rempel
- Have accommodation requests? (Ex. Near washroom, room to yourself, etc.) Call Marilyn Dyck 204-327-5743
- Children’s ministry will be provided during part of the sessions for children ages 3-10.
- Camp activities: Horses, big group sleigh rides, tobogganing, cross-county skiing, snowshoeing, skating, hiking, broomball.
Schedule: Settle in: Friday 6:30pm | First session: 8:00pm | Sunday Service: 10:30am
WHAT TO BRING: Bedding, towels, skates and sleds, cookies/snacks for Sat. afternoon, games, Bible, notebook, pen, kitchen sink.
YOU & your friends are heartily invited!!
Sign up today!
Ephesians 6: 10 – 20 NIV
- Finally, be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power. 11. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15. and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. 18. And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.
19. Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, 20.for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should.