Verse of the Week:
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15: 13
Worship leader: Armin Ens
Song Leader: Char Klassen
Pianist: Kirsten Friesen
Welcome and Announcements
Call to Worship
Worship in song
VBS Singing led by Kirsten Friesen
Worship in song
Scripture Reading – 1 Kings 17: 1 – 6
Message – “Who is Elijah?” – Walter Dyck
Prayer & Praise
~ Congratulations to Ravae McDonald and Dylan Wiebe who were married on July 7, 2018. May God bless you as you begin this new chapter in life.
~ Thank you to all who helped in this warm, busy week of DVBS.
Reminders of prayer items for this week:
~ Continue in prayer for Tenley Falk and family, and Nettie Ginter and family, Tim Wiebe and family as they continue to deal with the after effects of treatments and regular checkups.
– Austin Penner, as he transitions into community.
– Harv Thiessen as he continues to recover at home. Your prayers are appreciated.
~ Those in various care homes that we remember in our prayers include: Trudy Harms, Helen Janzen, Jake Rempel, and Peter E. Hildebrandt
~We continue to offer our prayer support for Laure and her family, as well as for the Paroisse Missionaire Congregation in Kinshasa, DR Congo; Ryan Thiessen in San Carlos, Mexico, Murray and Carol Honsberger in Papua New Guinea, Eagles Wings Children’s Village in Uganda, Jon & Natalie Neudorf in Chiang Mai, Thailand working with YWAM, Andrea Fehr who is home working on VISA requirements before she can head back to Hawai’i, and Tyler Loewen in Cambodia with MCC.
Prayer for the Week:
Creator God, may we not lose sight of You in the good times, nor the difficult times. May we bless You and trust in You always. Amen
~ Audio services and bulletins are now available at our Church website. The address is http://blumenortchurch.com
~ The church office is open during Rudy’s sabbatical on Thursdays from 8:30 – 2 pm and Fridays from 8:30 am to noon. Please get your announcements in early. Call and leave a message, or email firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you.
~ BMC Mexico Trip 2018. December 28 – January 6. We are hoping to send a team to San Carlos, Mexico this winter. If you are interested, please sign up on the bulletin board in the foyer. We will be doing some work projects & also seeing what Ryan Thiessen is involved in and meeting some past students from the Centro Educativo Cristano. If you have any questions contact Gerry Giesbrecht.
~ Please check the Lost & Found for your items. If you have items there, please take them home. All items left behind will be sent to MCC.
~ A Petition for religious exercises in the Borderland School Division is on the bulletin board. Please take one home for each child you have attending a school in the Borderland School Division. One form per child is needed. Contact Brenda Fehr at email@example.com
You can leave them in my (Hedy’s) mailbox as Brenda needs to hand them in the school will not accept them.
Memory Passage for summer 2018
Isaiah 6: 1 – 8
- In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord sitting on a throne, high and lifted up, and the train of His robe filled the temple.
- Above it stood seraphim; each one had six wings: with two he covered his face, with two he covered his feet, and with two he flew.
- And one cried to another, “Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of hosts; the whole earth is full of His glory!”
- And the posts of the door were shaken by the voice of him who cried out, and the house was filled with smoke.
- So I said: “Woe is me, for I am undone! Because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; for my eyes have seen the King, the Lord of hosts.”
- Then one of the seraphim flew to me, having in his hand a live coal which he had taken with the tongs from the altar.
- And he touched my mouth with it, and said: “Behold, this has touched your lips; your iniquity is taken away, and your sin purged.”
- Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?” Then I said, “Here I am, send me.”
~ For updates follow us on Social Media:
facebook: facebook.com/groups/BMCYouth (Group) facebook.com/bmcyouthmin (Page)
or contact Gerry Giesbrecht @ 204-362-7262
WE NEED LEADERS: We are looking to fill 2 female and 1 male youth leader spots for this upcoming fall youth season. Ideally it would be great to have a married couple and another woman come on board. Age is no limit for volunteering with youth. They have lots of energy; don’t feel like you need to keep up with them. If you love God and want to see youth come to know and love God. Gerry would love to talk to you! And if you think that you’re not the right fit for this, but know someone who would be amazing at it, tap them on the shoulder and let Gerry know to contact them. Feel free to call or text him about what it might look like for you to be involved. His cell number is 204-362-7262.
Young Adults Announcement
Young Adults Announcements:
Save the Date: Young Adults Camping July 27-29 – Contact Nettie Dyck, or Kendra Fehr if you want to join us! It will be awesome.
July 15 – Riley Dyck
July 22 – Esther Zacharias
July 29 – Ryan Thiessen
August 5 – Harley Dyck