Verse for the week:
The Lord is my Rock, and my Fortress, and my Deliverer, my God, my Rock in whom I take refuge, my Shield and the horn of my Salvation, my Stronghold. I call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised, and I am saved from my enemies.
Psalm 18: 2-3
Worship leader: Jake Friesen
Song Leader: Charlotte Klassen
Pianist: Ingrid Dyck
Welcome and announcements
Call to worship
Worship in song
Worship in song
Scripture reading – Psalm 61
Message –“Lead Thou Me” – Pastor Rudy
Prayer & Praise
~Welcome to our annual Memorial Worship Service. We want to recognize all those who have passed away from our midst during this past year. We deeply miss those who are absent from our lives yet we are also grateful for their life of faith and for the hope of the resurrection through our Lord and Saviour, Jesus the Christ.
~ We look forward to the return of Jon & Natalie Neudorf & their daughter, Peyton, this coming Friday, November 30. This is a major transition for them and their ministry and we want to undergird them with our prayers.
~ Boys & Girls clubs on Wednesdays, from 7-830pm. A cookie sign- up sheet is in the front foyer. Feel free to message or call Rachelle Loewen with questions 362-8323
~ Continue in prayer for Tenley Falk and family, and Nettie Ginter and family, Tim Wiebe and family as they continue to deal with the challenges of after effects of treatments.
~ Dave Rempel as he continues to recover from knee surgery.
~ Bernie Kehler as he continues to recover from heart surgery.
~ Kelly Fehr as she continues to look for help in getting her energy back.
– Austin Penner, as he rejoins the PASS program in Winnipeg in December
~ Those in various care homes that we remember in our prayers include: Helen Janzen at Bethania Mennonite Personal care home and Jake Rempel at Donwood Personal Care Home.
~We continue to offer our prayer support for Laure and her family, as well as for the Paroisse Missionaire Congregation in Kinshasa, DR Congo; Ryan Thiessen in San Carlos, Mexico, Murray and Carol Honsberger in Papua New Guinea, Eagles Wings Children’s Village in Uganda, Jon & Natalie Neudorf in Chiang Mai, Thailand working with YWAM, Andrea Fehr in Hawai’i, and Tyler Loewen in Cambodia with MCC.
Prayer for the Week:
We remember Lord, the slenderness of the thread which separates life from death and the suddenness with which it can be broken. Help us also to remember that on both sides of that division we are surrounded by Your love. Persuade our hearts that when our loved ones die, neither we nor they are parted from You. In You may we find our peace and in You be united with them in the glorious body of Christ, who has burst the bonds of death and is alive for evermore, our Saviour and theirs for ever and ever. Amen.
~ Audio services and bulletins are now available at our Church website. The address is http://blumenortchurch.com
~ Please get your announcements in early. Call and leave a message, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For any rentals of the church basement or the youth centre, please call Dorothy Hildebrandt at 204-324-4426. Remember to clean up after your event!! Thank you.
~ It is good to give to our God the praise that is his. Are you interested in sharing your musical gifts? We are looking for people willing to play offertory & prelude, special music, etc.
There will be a sign up sheet on the bulletin board in the foyer. You can also contact the music committee members-Angela Fehr, Ravae Wiebe, Harley Dyck, Corinne Peters with any questions.
From the Finance Committee
Budget for 2018: $ 375,000.00
Income to November 23, 2018: $ 268, 363.35
Expenses to November 23, 2018: $ 294, 587.33
Deficit: $ 26, 223.98
Thanks for your gifts and continued giving
~ Parenting Class facilitated by Char Klassen begins on October 14 – December 2 @ 9:15- 10:15
Where? Look for doors 3 & 4 upstairs SS wing.
Childcare IS included for your little ones!!!!
Come to encounter Jesus together, to learn, be encouraged, laugh, and to put your feet up a bit!
~ Wanting to bless the young parents in our church, the education committee is planning to put childcare in place for the parents wanting to attend the parenting class beginning October 14.
Men and women of any age, if you enjoy holding babies (!), playing with small children, or just want to encourage the young parents in this way, Glenda Fehr would love to hear from you. Some people have already said they’d like to help out here, check the sign- up sheet in the foyer.
It’s only for an hour. Help out for 1 Sunday, a few, or all of the 8 Sundays. It’s sure to be a ton of fun!
~ BMC Youth is for youth in grades 7-12, and happens Wednesdays from 7:00pm-9:15pm
~ For updates follow us on Social Media:
facebook: facebook.com/groups/BMCYouth (Group)
or contact Gerry Giesbrecht @ 204-362-7262
November 28 – Underground Church – invite a friend or two
~ Ten Thousand Villages Altona is currently looking for volunteers to work in the store, operating the cash register and assisting customers, and one or two volunteers to open and close the store on a rotating basis. If you are interested in volunteering in our store and would like more information or to apply, please contact Sara Wall at the store on Monday or Thursday afternoons, or by email at email@example.com.
~ Southern Manitoba Choral Society under the direction of Madeleine Friesen will present Christmas concerts, Rejoice, at 7:00 pm on Friday, Nov 30 at Winkler Emmanuel Mennonite Church and on Saturday, Dec 1 at Altona Bergthaler Mennonite Church. An offering will be received. We invite you to come and celebrate the season with us.
~ On December 6th, the fourth annual “Merry Little Christmas show” will be held at the P.W. Enns Centennial Concert Hall. The show will be an evening filled with great musical entertainment from We Who Wander, Ed Wayne, Orlando + Grace, Paul Bergman, Henry Abrams and more! All proceeds will be donated to Central Station in Winkler. Visit www.bowenmusic.org/events to purchase tickets.
~ Mennonite Collegiate Institute, Gretna MB, invites applications for the position of Principal commencing August, 2019. For more information or to submit a resume, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. More information can be found at www.mciblues.net.
December 2 – First Sunday of Advent & Communion – speaker – Rudy Franz
December 9 – Speaker – Gerry Giesbrecht
December 16 – Speaker – Cheryl Pauls – President of Canadian Mennonite University.
December 23 – Sunday school Christmas Program at 10: 30am
December 24 – Candlelight Service at 7: 30pm
December 25 – Christmas Day Worship Service at 10:30 am
December 30 – Sharing Sunday
1 – Alyssa (Friesen) Fehr
7- Tyson Fehr
8- Betty Ens (Teichroeb), Kenleigh Friesen
11- Sara Ens
12- Ang Fehr
13- Sara Froese, Maury Peters
14 – Josh Driedger, Lauren Fehr
17 – Lindsay Ginter
18 – Kelly McDonald
20 – Mary Fehr
21 – Ray Friesen
22 –Jack Driedger
23- Margaret Dyck, Rudy Franz
24 – Bernie Kehler
25 – Cliff Peters, Robyn (Fehr) Voth
27 – Natalie (Rempel) Neudorf
28 – Jaime Falk
29 – Helena Falk
31 – Matthew Penner
November 25, 2018
- Peter P Letkeman, 102, of Morden, formerly of Haskett, passed away on December 6, 2017. He is the uncle of Caroline & Armin Ens and their family.
- Ruth Schroeder, (nee Harder), 60, of Altona, formerly of Souris, passed away on December 20, 2017. She is the daughter-in-law of the late GG & Tina Schroeder and their family.
- Sara Penner Neustaedter, (nee Sawatzky), 92, of Altona, passed away on January 5, 2018. She is the mother of Tina & Edward Dyck and their family.
- David Siemens, 86, of Stonewall, passed away on January 14, 2018. He is the uncle of Linda Penner, Bev & Ray Friesen, Kelly & Paul McDonald and their family.
- Mary Giesbrecht, (nee Martens) 54, of the Grimsby district, formerly of Blumenfeld, passed away on January 30, 2018. She is the mother of Lisa & Matt Krahn and grandmother of Jase & Grayson. She is the sister-in-law of Pam & Maury Peters and family.
- Alfred (Fred) Ens, 67, of Winkler, formerly of Reinland, passed away on March 10, 2018. He is survived by his wife, Betty Ens, his children, Helen, Andrew & Donovan, his mother, Betty Ens of Morden, Sister Monica, and numerous aunts and uncles, nieces and nephews and cousins.
- Elma Friesen, 84, of Winnipeg, passed away on March 11, 2018. She is the aunt of Garry & Karla Fehr, Grant & Glenda Fehr, Glen & Pat Fehr, Elma Fehr, Erma & Jake Froese, and Laura & Raymond DeRegis and their family.
- Helen Redekopp, (nee Peters), 92, of Winnipeg, passed away on March 20, 2018. She is the sister of Paul J & Elizabeth Peters and the aunt of Ray & Corinne, Eric & Elvina, Norman, and their family.
- Mary Klassen, (nee Franz), 85, of Winkler, formerly of Blumenort, passed away on April 15, 2018. She is the mother of Ingrid & Menno Dyck, Ray & Char Klassen, Arn & Margo Klassen, Luella & David Seabaugh. Grandmother of Carey & Jenn Dyck, Janessa & Bernie Damphouse, Seth & Erica Klassen, Luke Klassen. She is the great grandmother of Braxton Dyck. She is the aunt of Rudy & Kathy Franz and their family.
- Abe Fehr, 59, of Winkler, formerly of Rosengart, passed away on April 26, 2018. He is the uncle of Sheldon & Sherry Fehr and their family.
- Margaret Elias, 91, of Winkler, passed away May 3, 2018. She is the aunt of Caroline & Armin Ens and their family.
- Susan Bergen, (nee Siemens), 94, of Plum Coulee, formerly of Bergfeld, passed away on June 7, 2018. She is the mother of Linda Penner, and the grandmother of Darren & Jessica Penner, Melissa & Johnathan Wiebe, David, Colin, Carl, Cora, Raven & Austin. She is the great-grandmother of numerous great-grandchildren and an aunt to Bev & Ray Friesen, and Kelly & Paul McDonald and their family.
- Mathilda (Tillie) Janzen, (nee Letkeman), 90 of Morden, formerly of MacGregor, passed away on June 8, 2018. She is the aunt of Caroline & Armin Ens and their family.
- Anne Friesen, (nee Neufeld), 97, of Altona, formerly of Halbstadt, passed away on July 14, 2018. She is the mother of Ray & Bev Friesen and grandmother of Jacey & Carmen Friesen, and great-grandmother of Colt and Finnley.
- Irene Papp (nee Dyck), 96, of Winnipeg, passed away on July 6, 2018. She is the sister-in-law of Margaret Dyck.
- Linda Dyck, 62, of Fort MacLeod, Alberta, passed away on July 29, 2018. She is the cousin of Jake & Agatha Falk, Larry & Helena Falk, John H & Hedy Falk, John G & Esther Falk and their family.
- Peter E Hildebrandt, 93, of Altona, formerly of Blumenort, passed away on August 22, 2018. He is survived by daughter, Sandra Klassen, sons, Edwin & Joyce Hildebrandt, Richard & Dorothy Hildebrandt, his sister, Eva Schellenberg, his grandchildren, Michael, Randy & Christopher & Brittany Klassen, Jodi & Ryan Friesen, Jeremy & Megan Hildebrandt and great-grandchildren, Bennett, Rowan & Charis Friesen.
- Alfred (Fred) Rempel, 74, of Carman, passed away, August 29, 2018. He is a cousin of Caroline & Armin Ens.
- Rita Driedger, (nee Schroeder), 64, of Altona, formerly of Silberfeld, passed away on September 11, 2018. She is the mother of Tammy & Enrique Loewen and grandmother of Peyton Loewen,
- Helen Wiebe, (nee Bergen), 88, of Grunthal, formerly of Tolstoi, passed away on September 18, 2018. She is the aunt of Dorothy & Richard Hildebrandt.
- Peter Klassen, 62, of Winkler, passed away on September 24, 2018. He is the uncle of Dorothy & Richard Hildebrandt.
- John Krahn, 89, of Winkler, passed away on September 27, 2018. He is the brother-in-law of Elizabeth & Paul J Peters, and uncle of Ray & Corinne, Eric & Elvina, & Norman and their family.
- Helen Schapansky, (nee Wiebe), 87, of Winkler, formerly of Chortitz, passed away on October 8, 2018. She is the aunt of Dorothy & Richard Hildebrandt.
- Anna Woelk, (nee Enns), 87, of Winnipeg, passed away on October 12, 2018. She is the mother of Hedy & John Falk, and their family.
- Isaak Peters, 72, of Winkler, passed away on October 13, 2018. He is the grandfather of Erica & Seth Klassen.
- Lena Rempel, 95, of Winnipeg, formerly of Winkler, passed away on October 16, 2018. She is a sister to Peter Rempel & family.
- Trudie Harms, (nee Stoesz), 97, of Altona, formerly of Halbstadt, passed away on October 22, 2018. She is the mother of Tony & Judy Harms and their family.
“For He who has died has been freed from sin. Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with Him, knowing that Christ, having been raised from the dead, dies no more. Death no longer has dominion over Him.” Romans 6:7-9