Verse of the Week:
For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the archangel call and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first, then we who are alive, who are left, shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air; and so we shall always be with the Lord. Therefore comfort one another with these words.
1 Thessalonians 4: 16-18
Worship leader: Kathy Franz
Song Leader & Pianist: Erica Rempel
Welcome & announcements
Call to worship
Worship in Song
Offertory – Luke Klassen
Worship in Song
Scripture Reading – 1 Corinthians 15: 51 -58; Hebrews 12: 22-24
Worship in Song
Message – The Hope of the Resurrection – Pastor Rudy
Prayer & Praise
~ Welcome to the last Sunday of the Church year. On this day we want to acknowledge those from among our midst as well as from our extended family who have passed away this last year. We are grateful for their life of faith. While we recognize the loss they represent, we also want to be reminded of the hope that is ours through the resurrection of Jesus the Christ.
~ We are saddened to hear of the passing of Bernie Hildebrandt, of Killarney, son of the late Jake & Eva Hildebrandt and nephew of Eva Schellenberg & Peter E Hildebrandt and their families. We want to uphold you in our prayers and trust that the Good Shepherd will be your guide and comfort during these days.
~ Walter and Marilyn are leaving tomorrow along with others on a study tour of Israel and Ethiopia. They will also have an opportunity to visit Eagles Wings Children’s Village in Uganda. We want to wish you safety and God’s blessings on your journey and look forward to hearing about your reflections when you return.
~ Donations to our mitten tree are gratefully welcomed, and will be distributed to various local schools. Thank you, in advance, for your generosity.
~ We are grateful for medical facilities, doctors and nurses who are able to provide services to us in our time of need. Tim Wiebe, Nettie Ginter and Tenley Falk continue to access these services aw we continue to pray for them and their families. We remember also Austin Penner at the Agassiz Youth Centre in Portage la Prairie. He values our prayer support. Updates for Tenley can be found at: www.tenleysjourney.wordpress.com
~ Those in various care homes that we remember in our prayers include: Trudy Harms, Helen Janzen, and Jake Rempel, Mary Klassen in the Rock Lake Personal Care Home in Pilot Mound, and Peter E Hildebrandt in Altona Hospital, who are dealing with health issues.
~We continue to offer our prayer support for Laure and her family, as well as for the Paroisse Missionaire Congregation in Kinshasa, DR Congo; Ryan Thiessen in San Carlos, Mexico; Murray and Carol Honsberger in Papua New Guinea, Eagles Wings Children’s Village in Uganda, Jon & Natalie Neudorf in Chiang Mai, Thailand working with YWAM, and Andrea Fehr with YWAM in Hawai’i
Prayer for the Week:
If you were not risen O Lord, to whom would we go to discover a radiance of the face of God? If you were not risen we would not be together seeking your communion. We would not find in your presence forgiveness, the wellspring of a new beginning. If you were not risen where would we draw the energy for following you right to the end of our existence, for choosing you again and again? Amen.
~ Audio services and bulletins are now available at our CHURCH website. We are working at streamlining this, and keeping it current. Please be patient with us as we continue to update our web presence. Go to: http:.//www.blumenortchurch.com to see what’s new online.
~ Candlelight Service practices, December 16, 9:30am and December 21, 7:30pm. Take note: The Candlelight Service time has been changed to 7:30pm on December 24 instead of 7 pm.
~There is childcare available during the service starting at 10:15 in the youth hut. Children ages 1-6 are welcome!
~ Clubs @ 7 pm on November 29, 2017. There is a sign-up sheet on the bulletin board for cookie bakers. Call Ang Driedger 204-327-6674, if you need more information.
~ Stop in at the library between November 26th and December 17th for our VHS movie sale.
We have classics ranging from Veggie Tales, to The Buttercream Gang. All the movies will be selling for $ .50.
BMC Youth is for youth in grades 7-12, and happens Wednesdays from 7:00pm-9:15pm
OPPORTUNITY: We NEED 2 more prayer partners! If you are interested in signing up to pray for someone, check out the sign up sheet after the service by the coffee station in the foyer.
November 29 – Underground Church
December 6 – Christmas Carolling
December 13 – Christmas Party – Supper starts at 6:30pm. Bring a $5 Grab Box Gift. Dress Formal. Bring a Friend!
~ TEN THOUSAND VILLAGES, ALTONA, is currently seeking a volunteer manager. Send applications to Altona@Villages.ca
~ Advent Service at Salem Home – Dec. 7, 2017 @ 6:45 p.m., in the Salem Home Chapel. Everyone is welcome to join the residents and staff for this special service and stay for refreshments.
~ Eastview Place volunteer drivers needed ASAP: We are in need of volunteer drivers for our Adult Day Program. The volunteers will be accompanied by an Eastview Place staff member to bring seniors to and from the care home. Volunteers work on a rotation basis and would be needed approximately three days a month (Tuesday, Wednesday andThursday) at 9:00 am and 2:50 pm. Please contact Jonathan Sawatsky at Eastview Place at 324-2375 for more information. We appreciate all of your support for our seniors in the community and would be grateful to have that continue through volunteer drivers.
~ Come and listen to a delightful mix of seasonal music sung by a multigenerational choir. Southern Manitoba Choral Society will present concerts on Saturday, December 9th @7:00 pm at Winkler Emmanuel Church and Sunday, December 10th @2:30 pm at Altona Bergthaler Church. Everyone is welcome. A freewill offering will be received
~ Cottonwood Community Drama presents “Murder Takes the Veil”, Nov 30, Dec 1 & 2 @ 7:30 pm at Buhler Hall in Gretna. For tickets visitwww.mciblues.net.
~ From the MCC newsdesk: Get started on your Christmas shopping with our Christmas Giving catalogue! We’ve got 33 gifts in different price ranges, something for all your family and friends. You can pick these up at the TTV store in the Altona Mall from 9-5 Monday – Saturday.
BOWEN PRESENTS: A MERRY LITTLE CHRISTMAS (December 8th,)
A benefit concert in support of Central Station in Winkler
On December 8th, the third annual “Merry Little Christmas show” will be held at the P.W. Enns Centennial Concert Hall. The show will be an evening filled with great musical entertainment from Bowen, Leora Hamm, Warren Friesen, Henry Abrams, Dale Wiebe and more! All proceeds will be donated to Central Station in Winkler. Visit www.bowenmusic.org/events to purchase tickets.
~ The Mennonite Disaster Service All-Unit Meeting is being hosted by Region 5 (Canada) from February 9-10, 2018 in Winkler, MB. This event is open to all who are interested in the work of MDS. For more information or to register for the event see our website mds.mennonite.net/all-unit-meeting or call our Winnipeg office at 1-866-261-1274.
December 3 – 1st Sunday of Advent & Communion – Speaker –Esther Zacharias
December 10 – Speaker – Rudy Franz
December 17 – Speaker – Gerry Giesbrecht
December 24 – Sunday school Christmas program
December 24 – Candlelight Service at 7: 30 pm
December 25 – Christmas Day worship service at 10:30 am
December 31 – Sharing Sunday
1 – Alyssa (Friesen) Fehr
7- Tyson Fehr
8- Betty Ens, Kenleigh Friesen
11- Sara Ens
12- Ang Fehr
13- Sara Froese, Maury Peters
14 – Josh Driedger, Lauren Fehr
15 – Helen Friesen
17 – Lindsay Ginter
18 – Kelly McDonald
20 – Mary Fehr
21 – Ray Friesen
22 – Jack Driedger
23- Margaret Dyck, Rudy Franz
24 – Bernie Kehler
25 – Cliff Peters, Robyn (Fehr) Voth
27 – Natalie (Rempel) Neudorf
28 – Jaime Falk
29 – Helena Falk
31 – Matthew Penner
|NEW MATERIAL IN THE LIBRARY!|
|Melanie Dobson…Refuge on Crescent Hill|
|Melanie Dobson…Beneath a Golden Veil|
|Jim Kraus……the Dog that Whispered|
|Charles Martin…..Long Way Gone|
|Louie Giglio…..the Comeback|
|Anne Voskamp….be the gift|
|Imagination Station- Adventures in Odyssey……Book 20|
|Jerry Jenkins…..Red Rock Mysteries….Books 13,14 and 15|
|Wilma Derksen…..The Way of Letting Go|
|Marie Monville….One Light Still Shines|
|PLEASE RETURN BOOKS AND VIDEOS AFTER|
|3 TO 4 WEEKS|
November 26, 2017
- Henry Hildebrand, 81, of Halbstadt, passed away on December 1, 2016. He is the uncle of Cathy & Dave Fehr, and their family.
- Dora Giesbrecht (nee Sawatzky), 84, of Steinbach, passed away on December 23, 2016. She is the aunt of Agatha & Jake Falk and their family.
- David J Dyck, 92, of Winkler, formerly of Plum Coulee, passed away on December 30, 2016. He is the uncle of Corinne & Ray Peters and their family.
- Susannah Siemens (nee Braun), 87, of Steinbach, passed away on December 31, 2016. She is the sister of Margaret Dyck.
- Alfred Theodor Wieler, 81, of Morden, formerly of Rosetown, passed away on January 25, 2017.
- John A Fehr, 92, of Winkler, formerly of Blumenort, passed away on February 8, 2017. He is the grandfather of Jason & Alyssa Fehr.
- Arthur (Arty) George Paetkau, 60, of Winkler, passed away on February 9, 2017. He is a cousin to Cliff & Sue Peters and Michael & Janel Peters and their family.
- Tina Janzen (nee Falk), 92, of Altona, passed away on February 11, 2017. She is the aunt of Jake & Agatha Falk, Larry & Helena Falk, John H & Hedy Falk and John G & Esther Falk and their families.
- Leona Penner (nee Enns), 71, of Altona, passed away on February 26, 2017. She is the mother of James & Jackie Penner, and the grandmother of Ashleigh & Travis Hildebrand, Heidi & Felix Houle, Brandi Penner & Matthew Penner. She is the great grandmother of Brea & Skylar Hildebrand, and Blake & Kairi Houle.
- Johnny Isaac Friesen, 96, of Morris, passed away on February 28, 2017. He is the brother in law of Margaret Dyck.
- Evelyn Giesbrecht (nee Kehler), 85, of Altona, formerly of Plum Coulee, passed away on March 7, 2017. She is the mother of Pam & Maury Peters and the grandmother of Taylor, Zoe and Hailey.
- Susan Janzen (nee Driedger), 93, of Winkler, formerly of Altona and Neuhorst, passed away on March 11, 2017. She is the mother of Sara & Henry Froese, grandmother of Marlin & Becky Froese, and great grandmother of Myla & Sadie.
- Helen Fehr (nee Klassen), 101, of Altona, formerly of Neuhorst, passed away on March 28, 2017. She is the mother of Tena Thiessen, Abe & Viola Fehr, Dave & Cathy Fehr, grandmother of Robyn & Jason Voth, Dustin & Leah Fehr, and great grandmother of Marly & Caleb Voth and Sawyer & Deacon Fehr. She is the sister in law of Zelma Fehr and the aunt of Rod & Ang Fehr, Scott & Connie Fehr, James & Jackie Penner, Grant & Glenda Fehr, Garry & Karla Fehr, Bill & Mary Fehr, Ken & Eleanor Fehr, and their families.
- Nancee Freesmeier (nee Krone), 84, of Fort Meyers, Florida, Passed away on April 16, 22017. She is the grandmother of Ryan & Jody Friesen and great grandmother of Bennett and Rowan.
- Tina Wiens (nee Krahn), 73, of Winnipeg, passed away on April 18, 2017. She is the aunt of Jack & Ang Driedger and Kevin & Helen Krahn and their families.
- Maria Loewen (nee Dueck), 92, of Altona, formerly of Sewell, passed away on April 16, 2017. She is the grandmother of Dave & Nettie Ginter and Esther & Dave Klippenstein and the great grandmother of Greg, Garry & Wesley Klippenstein and Kim, Lindsay, Shania & Jonah Ginter.
- Susanna Reddekopp (nee Enns), 97, of Altona, passed away on April 28, 2017. She is the aunt of Agatha & Jake Falk & their family.
- Frank Zacharias, 81, of Winkler, formerly of Schoenwiese, passed away on June 7, 2017. He is the father of Connie & Scott Fehr, and the grandfather of Marcus, Cody & Kelsey, Shaelyn & Reese. He is the uncle of Hayley & Geoff Loewen & their family.
- Helene Klassen (nee Hildebrandt), 94, of Cartwright, passed away on June 29, 2017. She is the sister of Peter E Hildebrandt and Eva Schellenberg. She is the aunt of Sandra Klassen, Richard & Dorothy Hildebrandt, Ed & Joyce Hildebrandt and their families.
- Edwin (Ed) Plett, 95, of Winkler, formerly of Rosetown, passed away on August 2, 2017. He is the uncle of Jake & Agatha Falk, Larry & Helena Falk, John H & Hedy Falk, John G & Esther Falk and their families.
- John B Elias, 69, of Winkler, passed away on August 11, 2017. he is the uncle of Karla & Garry Fehr and their family.
- Rosemary (Rose) Swift (nee Heinrichs), 54, of Winkler, passed away on October 19, 2017. She is the mother of Yvonne & Chris Giesbrecht, and the grandmother of Anastasia & Isadora.
- David Peters, 102, of Winkler, passed away on October 17, 2017. He is the uncle of Peter D & Valentine Zacharias & their families.
- Wilma Sawatzky, 79, of Altona, passed away on October 24, 2017. She is the aunt of Agatha & Jake Falk and their family.
- Abram Suderman, 83, of Chortitz, passed away on November 8, 2017. He is the grandfather of Jessica & Eric Giesbrecht.
- Bernie Hildebrandt, 65, of Killarney, passed away on November 22, 2017. He is the nephew of Eva Schellenberg and Peter E Hildebrandt. He is a cousin to Ed & Joyce Hildebrandt, Richard & Dorothy Hildebrandt and Sandra Klassen & their families.
“For He who has died has been freed from sin. Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with Him, knowing that Christ, having been raised from the dead, dies no more. Death no longer has dominion over Him.” Romans 6:7-9